Shrimp Veggie Stir-Fry that is delicious for the family!
Serving size: 1 cup
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- canola oil
- 1/2 -3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 3/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Steam the rice according to your steamer instruction or per instructions on the package.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, water and ginger; set aside 2 tablespoons. In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir carrot in remaining mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining vegetables. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
Add canola oil to wok and stir fry the rice to preferred crispiness.
Remove and set aside (keep warm)
Add shrimp and reserved dressing mixture to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve over rice.
Note: The addition of rice to this dish will increase the total carbohydrate and is not taken into account in the nutrition facts below.
Carbohydrate exchanges 0.5
Vegetable exchanges 1
Lean meat exchanges 2
Fat exchanges 0.5
Amount per serving
Calories From Fat 45
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg
Sodium 165 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 18 g