What’s For Dinner?
When planning Baked Salmon Dijon, start with a salad appetizer.
Baby spinach leaves with seasonal fresh vegetables or fruits like sugar snap peas or sliced pears go nicely with a low-fat vinaigrette dressing. For the main course, stick with lean meats or fish. Below you’ll find a recipe for baked salmon.
Designed to serve six people, it takes about 1/2 hour to prepare.
Nutrition information, including carbohydrate grams, is provided.Yield: 6 main dish servings.
- 1 Cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 lb salmon fillet with skin (cut in center)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fat-free cooking spray as needed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk sour cream, dill, onion, mustard, and lemon juice in small bowl to blend. Lightly oil baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper, then spread with the sauce.
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Fiber less than 1g